Happy Memorial Day! On this holiday of remembrance and celebration with loved ones, I hope your day is full of fun, family, friends and happy memories. As you relax and enjoy your long weekend, I’ll leave you with this darling photo of an all-American dessert, scrumptious pie pops by Cakewalk Desserts, perfectly displayed in a vintage wood pop crate accented with greenery.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! If you’re not too full from yesterday’s feast, here’s one of our favorite cookie recipes to enjoy. These chocolate cookies coated in confectioners’ sugar are delicious!
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into the cocoa mixture. Cover dough, and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into one inch balls. I like to use a number 50 size scoop. Coat each ball in confectioners’ sugar before placing onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let stand on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool.
I’m over the moon for all the prettiness of this Camrose Hill Flower Farm wedding from one of my favorite photographers.
All the elements from the unique umbrella chandelier to the pretty flowers in a soft color palette came together beautifully for this industrial romance wedding inspiration shoot.
I am absolutely smitten with all the DIY details, rustic chic theme and beautiful outdoor location of this Fall wedding at the Minnesota Horse and Hunt Club in Prior Lake.
This outdoor wedding captured by LaCoursiere Photography is the perfect balance of beauty and fun.
From the whimsical and rustic decor to the adorable beaming bride and groom to the darling dessert buffet, this DIY wedding radiates personality and charm.